Austin Retina Associates Is Committed to Community
At Austin Retina Associates, our steadfast commitment to excellent patient service is one of the pillars of our practice. Another commitment that we are extremely proud of is dedicated and regular service to our community outside of our clinics.
Throughout the year we challenge each of our staff members to volunteer two hours (or more) of community service to a charity or cause of their choosing.
These volunteering efforts are an integral part of our practice’s core values which include:
● Serving with compassion
● Striving for excellence
● Practicing humility
Throughout August, our employees offered their time and talents in the following ways:
● Donated blood at We Are Blood
● Prepared dinner for families at the Ronald McDonald House
● Visited with children and helped them decide on their costumes and accessory wish list for this Halloween at Helping Hands Home
● Assisted with coordinating back-to-school eye exams and helped distribute free glasses to children and families with the Half Helen organization
● Assembled adoption kits and loved on animals waiting for their forever homes at Austin Humane Society
● Collected items and created food and hygiene bags for distribution to the homeless around Austin (completed as a group by our billing and insurance team members)
“We love spending time out in the local community, and we believe it helps us to better serve our patients within the walls of our practice,” shares Dr. Jose Agustin Martinez.
Thank you, Austin, for affording us the opportunity to lend a hand where we can, and thank you to our patients for the opportunity to serve you as well. If you’re interested in participating with us in giving back this November, we will be hosting a can food drive for the Central Texas Food Bank at each of our main offices – Central Austin (Main), South, Round Rock, and Lakeway.
As always, we are grateful for those who entrust us at Austin Retina Associates with their retina care and precious gift of sight.